A chain is as strong as its weakest link
A chain is as strong as its weakest Cyber security is the protection of the computer system against cyber threats, both inside and outside the network.
A threat refers to anything that has the potential to cause damage to a computer system or network.
Threats are not similar to attacks, but represent the potential for their occurrence, with attacks representing the act itself.
The field of cyber security can be divided into several different sections, their coordination within the organization being crucial for the success of a cyber security program.
These sections include the following:
- User awareness of the danger of exposure
- Security of applications, critical data and internal network
- Possibility of data recovery in case of attacks
- Business continuity
- Cloud security
- Malware – the classic virus that facilitates unauthorized access, in order to exploit a file, program or even the equipment itself.
- Ransomware is another type of malware that involves an attacker who locks files on your computer system, usually by encryption, requesting payment to decrypt or unlock it.
- Social Engineering – is an attack that is based on human interaction in order to trick users into violating security procedures, thus obtaining sensitive information.
- Phishing is a form of social engineering in which fraudulent emails or text messages are sent that resemble those from reputable or known sources. They can be random or premeditated attacks, with the intention of stealing sensitive data, such as credit card information or connecting to various applications.
- Internal threats are security breaches or losses caused by people, be they employees, contractors or customers, and can be malicious or negligent.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are those in which several systems disrupt the traffic of a targeted system, such as a server, website, or other network resource, sending a large volume of messages, connection requests or data packets (traffic) to the target. Thus, attackers can slow down or crash the system, preventing functionality.
- Advanced persistent threats (APT) are premeditated prolonged attacks in which an attacker infiltrates a network and remains undetected for long periods of time in order to steal data.
- Man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks are interception attacks that involve an attacker intercepting and sending messages between two parties who believe they are communicating with each other.
The goal is to detect threats before they are exploited in the form of attacks.
The challenge is to significantly reduce the risk, the final elimination being impossible.
- Threat detection
- Evaluating and optimizing the degree of security at the level of the entire IT system: network, equipment and cloud.
- Monthly maintenance – monitoring of implemented policies and their regular adaptation
- Design and Implementation of Security Equipment, Security Event Monitoring – 24x7x365:
- Traffic Anomaly Detection Systems, Anti Malware, Firewall Monitoring, Network Modelling, Network Traffic Analysis, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems,
- Web Application Firewall, Web Traffic Filtering Solutions, Encryption, Data Leak Protection Systems, Patch Management, Privileged Account Management,
- Two Factor Authentication, Database Activity Monitoring
- Protecting your business from cyber-attacks and data leaks
- Data protection and the computer system itself
- Prevent unauthorized user access
- Optimal recovery time after facing a cyber attack
- Protection for end users and end devices
- Compliance with regulations – GDPR
- Business continuity
- Improved trust in the company’s reputation and trust for partners, customers, stakeholders and employees
The information gives power and we are aware of the danger of its exposure, therefore we take the necessary measures to represent your business interests.
Ask us here
By filling-in the questionnaire below, followed by a meeting in which we understand the particularities of the activity and the challenges of the business, will facilitate you access to a set of IT solutions and services, thus creating the framework for a future collaboration.